Wednesday, January 03, 2007

All Things Considered

I listen to NPR every morning on my way in to work, and I'm afraid I need to stop.

Every day by the time I arrive I'm either mad as hell, or depressed out of my mind. Luckily my friend Kelly listens every morning too, so I can march straight to her desk for a quick 'Oh my GAWD, were you listening to NPR this morning?' which is somewhat of a comfort to me.

Take this morning, for example. There was a segment called "Route 50 Conversations" during which they talk to Joe and Jane American about current issues and the installation of the newest Congress.

Does the average American REALLY think we should drill domestically for oil? Do they really see so much fault with conservation of resources? I almost fell over when one gentleman said that he would 'hate to see FOOD used for fuel' when asked about ethanol in place of gas. And one admitted outright that he never votes, never has, and things seem to be going just dandy in spite of it.

At this point, I was ready to stomp my own head off. Are these people that self-centered? That thoughtless? That...that not paying attention? Gah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home