Thursday, January 25, 2007

Roll Call

The Gobi put out a call for top ten albums of all time, and who am I to ignore instructions and turn down a list-making opportunity? After days of thought, this is what I've come up with:

1. Guided by Voices--Bee Thousand
2. The Fall--The Complete Peel Sessions Box Set
3. The Buzzcocks--A Different Kind of Tension
4. Pixies--Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim
5. Sugar--Copper Blue
6. The Replacements--Let It Be
7. The Dirtbombs--If You Don't Already Have a Look
8. The Flying Burrito Brothers--Hot Burritos! The Flying Burrito Bros. Anthology (Discs 1 and 2)
9. The John Spencer Blues Explosion--Orange
10. Rocket From the Crypt--Circa Now!

Lots of oldies but goodies, but these are all albums that I can put on pretty much anytime and I am always in the mood for them. Also? I sing along loudly and badly with all of them.

It was a bit of a toss-up between Let It Be and Hootenanny, I love the song "Red Light, Red Light, RUN IT!" among others on Hootenanny. In the end it was one of my favorite songs of all time, "I Will Dare" that swayed me. I'm a little disappointed with myself that Copper Blue won out over Bob's previous work with Husker Du (how does one add umlauts?), particularly Flip Your Wig, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, my friends.

OK, tag. You're all it!

1 Comments:

Blogger pf said...

aytch! how'd i miss this? my wife had to point out to me that you had posted it. durrrrrr.

anyway, those are some formidable picks all around, and you know you've got some sentimental faves of mine on there as well. yes! i'm totally linking to this for the sake of posteriority.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home